Sunday, March 27, 2011

ace hotel

. When I came across the Ace Hotel New York on things I like, things I love I was a little (ok, a lot) smitten with this space. The basics, the old-school elements. The gray+wood+white+perfectblue. The giant A. The warm glow. Love. But then checking out more of the photographer, Douglas Lyle Thompson's site, I'm just as infatuated with the way it was photographed. Highly recommend checking out more of his stuff. Just conveys this relaxed simplicity. Nothing fussy. Just nice. .. Hope you had a great weekend! I start my great new adventure tomorrow morning and I feel like a kid before the first day of school. Lots of things going through my head. At the forefront? What do I wear?

2 comments:

Gabby said...

I so badly want to stay at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs...one day!

Douglas Lyle Thompson said...

Thanks so much for the very kind words. I appreciate it very much. The Ace Hotel has been such a fun project to be working on.