Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a secret

In school for interior design we learn about the history of furniture and to identify and appreciate the classics. There are some amazing pieces of furniture out there. But I have a secret...there's some that I don't like. Just aren't my cup of tea. The Saarinen Tulip Collection is one of them.
Stop throwing tomatoes, I'm just being honest.

But I'm no Saarinen hater, on the flip side this is one of my favorite chairs. The Saarinen Executive Chair. I just saw it this week upholstered in this great Knoll Textiles product (at least I believe it was this one) Luminous.

If I could have any piece of classic furniture, Fiance and I agree we'd love to have a set of Mies van der Rohe Barcelona chairs. They're beautiful...


Photos from Knoll Studio and Knoll Textiles.

No comments: