Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the review

Ok if you haven't seen SATC - and don't want me to spoil it - then dont read this!

It was a fabulous movie - definitely. I loved just about everything about it. My one complaint would be that basically every character - minus one - was unhappy through the majority of the movie. I don't know what I was hoping for differently, but I wanted it to be a happier movie throughout. BUT it was wonderful and the fashion was amazing. I adored Carrie's apartment after it was redone - those frames above the bed? I also want that giant, white wall storage thing. Did anyone else start cheering when the theme song started playing?

And I'm going to admit this - I'm sorry Ms. Westwood, but I was not in love with that wedding dress. It was all Madonna cones on top and seemed way to big for her. There were so many from that photo shoot that were so gorgeous! That very first one? On the couch gazillion ruffles - amazing! Having said that, her hair/veil/bird combo for the wedding was downright fabulous. And I loved Charlotte's black bridesmaids dress.

THE BLUE MANOLOS were quite possibly the most beautiful pair of shoes I've ever seen. I can't stop thinking about them.

Anyway, loved it - and seeing it again tomorrow haha

2 comments:

east side bride said...

I read an interview with Michael Patrick King (the director) in W. He said he chose the Westwood dress for story -- he thought Carrie would look the most ridiculous in it.

I didn't love the movie. I found it thoroughly entertaining, but pretty damn predictable.

cara said...

I wished it was less miserable too, I found it quite depressing. And I hated the Vivianne Westwood dress, it was terrible!

The shoes, the shoes were fabulous!