Thursday, July 31, 2008

michiganians




So I went to Michigan last weekend. We've been going up to different parts of Michigan every summer my entire life - I have to say I love it up there. For the last 12 years or so we've been going to a fabulous lake that I won't even tell you the name of because its gorgeous and completely clear like a swimming pool and its just a little treasure. However I'll share some of our adventures. The first morning there we took an interesting field trip to a sawmill that was built in 1847. The man that currently owns it wants to try and restore it - but the building was about to be condemned. So he props this entire thing up on two huge I beams. It was really cool to see (in a dorky architectural sense.)

I have a picture in front of this lighthouse from every visit for the last 12 years. It's become a very special place to me - always perfect at sunset.

3 comments:

Ms. 122 said...

do you always take the lighthouse picture from the same spot? or is it different spots every time? that's pretty cool.

style-for-style said...

Hey, as you can tell I am loving your blog.

would that super secret lake be crystal lake?

I'm in chi-town (a MI transplant) but I love me some north west MI coast.
I usually stay in the Honor, Frankfort area.

cheap canvas art said...

Oh wow lovely pictures, it sounds like you had a wonderful time.