Wednesday, January 14, 2009

whoops


So I'm in the midst of In Vogue - this fabulous encyclopedia-esque book that I got for Christmas. But I thought I'd stop by the library to grab another read -one that's maybe more of a novel and not so much endless gorgeous photos. And what do I come home with? Four books filled with fabulous fashion photos...BUT one novel. About people in fashion.
Its funny, studying art and design in school you learn all of this history and all of the well-known designers and artists and what they've accomplished, their style etc. History of furniture and architecture etc. Fashion is this whole other realm of design that, while I've always appreciated it, I've never really known that much about it. The history and what makes these really amazing designers tick - what little details you should appreciate and watch for that you might not normally know about.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Looks like a great selection of books! Some of my most favorite classes in college were those on the history of architecture and interiors, and while I feel I know little about the history of fashion design, I am sure that I would love learning more about that too.