Sunday, April 19, 2009

you spoke


I remember the last time you spoke.
I dreamt we were in the mountains sitting on a picnic table talking. It was a perfect day and a perfect conversation.

Until somewhere in the back of my mind, I realized you couldn't be there. That this wasn't possible, this perfect moment, it couldn't exist.

You stopped talking to me, mid-sentence. You got up from the table and walked away. I will never forget how disappointed you looked.

For years now I have dreamed about you and you never speak.

Until last night.
We were by the beach in the summer. You told me about a pair of boots you were thinking about getting. Boots. Which is so strangely insignificant its almost frustrating. But you spoke.

Then I woke up with tears. I would give anything in the world to talk about boots with you.

Photo from here.

7 comments:

Mrs. N said...

I'm sending you a hug.

Love,
Me

Unknown said...

:(


{so good though}

Julia said...

wow, that's touching.

drollgirl said...

i wish i could help. your dreams are very powerful.

Blair Friedeman said...

I know it doesn't help but I know this exact feeling! Makes me almost dread going to sleep some nights...

Courtney said...

I hope many more conversations follow. xo

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

We don't know each other, aside from me reading you blog and being very behind on my blog reader. When I clicked to finally catch up with you, this was the post I found. I'm so choked up. I felt like I was waking up from your dream. I hope you have more of these and I hope they someday bring smiles instead of tears.