Sunday, May 31, 2009

succotash



Mmm if you're ever in Kansas City and are looking for the best brunch spot ever - head to Succotash in the River Market. If you're hungover its nice too.

All of the dishes, silverware, chairs, tables etc in this joint appear to be a random collection from Goodwills and garage sales. There's an awesome hot pink chandelier, plenty of outdoor seating for people watching - and the best 8 layer cake you've ever seen. The menu is filled with lots of fresh goodies and unique combinations. Ooo and if you're lucky you might get the booth inside the old elevator shaft.

My breakfast this morning - cinnamon raisin french toast with home fries and fresh fruit.
restaurant photo from here.

13 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That chandelier is so fabulous! Your breakfasts sounds delightful!

drollgirl said...

i wish i was there right this second!!! if i am ever in your fair city, i will be asking for fab tips like this. it looks amazing!!!!

Blaine said...

Mmmm...the kitchen sink is awesome...it's a HUGE blueberry pancake topped with EVERYTHING...eggs, homefries, gravy, I'm making myself hungry!

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh please i need that!

Sara said...

Aw! Someone beat me to the chandelier comment..it's amazing! (hey, I posted about the best brunch/breakfast in Cairo)

Anonymous said...

Looks really funky!

Silje said...

That food looks delicious!=D

Kitty Stampede said...

that made me drool, that plate of goodness..haven't eaten breafast yet..priorities..hehe.
Are those like fried potatoe skins?? man, they look delish!

Awesome Sara said...

the food looks yummy!!! what the hll gewn stefani article did you read??? bc i'm like pretty sure i have that i starve myelf article somewhere. oh whatever more food for me and you!!!

Aline said...

I'm about to eat ...this does make me hungry! Miam miam
xoxo
aline

VanessasRunway said...

Now, that sounds like my type of place! yummm! ;) Nothing pretentious just good food & a fun atmosphere.

Aline said...

how yummy!!

rachaelgking said...

A hot pink chandelier???

I know what I want for my birthday...