Sunday, August 16, 2009

1154 lill studio

.
I visited 1154 Lill Studio in the Plaza this weekend. I had received a gift certificate (awesome gift idea by the by!) and it was quickly burning a hole in my creative pocket. No patience for something fun like this! If you haven't heard of Lill before, its store where you choose a bag style and then your own fabrics for the exterior, interior, strap etc- basically you get to play Kate Spade for an hour. A few weeks later your custom creation is delivered.
.

.
So I picked my bag - the 'Molly' -and the fabulous staff hooked me up with a big table to begin spreading out fabric ideas. I started with neat piles...and ended up with a mess! I was immediately drawn to two fabrics in particular- a black and white moroccan pattern and a yummy green and brown tweed- and started building little schemes around them. The tough part was making a decision!

If you don't live near one of their studios, the also have a website where you can do essentially the same thing - clicking and dragging different fabrics onto whichever bags you like.
.
.
So these are the two final schemes I ended up with - I'll let you know which one I picked when it arrives and I can get some photos!

11 comments:

Rhianne said...

Oh, I love both of those!

I have an award for you at my blog (you are loved this week!)

totebag said...

What a brilliant idea. Love this. And love the two bags you designed!

Sara said...

I love the idea!! The yellow one is gorgeous :D

Lily G. said...

Great designs!!

Kristin said...

Ohhhhhh, I love the black, white and yellow. That sounds like so much fun!

Felicia said...

What a great idea! I'm a bag whore!

Jill Pilgrim said...

Need.The.Purses.

drollgirl said...

dude! these are so cute!!! the one on the left is my favorite, but i could make either one work!

jballashaw said...

Whoever gave you this gift is so freakin awesome!

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh wow, what fun, thanks for the info. Lucky you!
xoxo

thereddeer said...

What a great idea for a shop - sounds like fun!