Wednesday, September 23, 2009

negramaro

A very out-of-nowhere post.
When I studied abroad in Italy my studio was right around the corner from this music store. One day I went in and just picked an cd. The album cover intrigued me (haha yes i choose books by the cover too) But it was just on a whim - this could've been Italy's BackstreetBoys or Marilyn Manson. It was a band called Negramaro and turned out I loved them - how lucky is that? It became the soundtrack of the semester (along with Keane) and I still can sing along with all of the words (without the slightest idea of what they're saying).
My favorite was Come Sempre - which I remember translating to mean 'as always'.
.
It popped onto itunes tonight and sent me on a youtube search for more of their stuff. Here's the video for Come Sempre, please enjoy...


.
One thing I love about the video is the white sheep. The album cover I was so drawn to was stark white with a little black sheep in the corner.

4 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

I loved the clip, great musicians and the sheep were pretty well behaved!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

great video x

The Curious Cat said...

They sound a little coldplay esq - don't they?! xxx Love the sheep too! xxx

one little simitopian said...

Ah! The Curious Cat just said what i was gonna say! They are like the Italian version of coldplay!
Oh i'd love to go to Italy someday...along with all the other countries i can't afford to visit....sigh!
I've found a random gem like that before- a book called "The Underground Man" by Mick Jackson. At least i think that was his name....somebody borrowed it years back and never gave it back (grrr), so i forget.I found it at one of those random stalls of cheap books that sometimes pop up at malls. The cover was exquisite, and folded out to become a kind of poster. It was about $9, so i grabbed it just on the offchance. It was a fascinating and very readable work of fiction that I'd love to get hold of again, but haven't been able to find since. Damn!