Sunday, February 5, 2012

visiting japan

In November my husband and I were able to take a little vaca trip of a lifetime to visit Japan. My brother moved there a few years ago and we had planned/saved/hoped and finally decided to book the tickets and head over there to see him. In the universe's traditional way of don't-even-make-plans-silly-goose, my brother was called away from Japan for work while we were there. So no visiting brother (sad), but we still had an amazing trip (happy).
I'm going to post all about our trip - selfishly as a little journal of what we did before it completely escapes my memory - but also as a resource for anyone out there that might take a similar trip. We tried to do a lot of research before we left, knowing that Japan would be significantly different than anywhere we'd visited before, and I figure it's best to pay it forward sharing our advice, tips and experiences.

There is no way to describe how much we loved Japan - the country, the people, the traditions, the food. It's a place I would recommend everyone visit if you can. I'm already excited to go back someday.

Stay tuned for my recap, place by place with a few general topics added in. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Tokyo 1, Tsukiji Market

No comments: