Sunday, June 15, 2008

lilac board

I spent four years of college in a purple funk. I was obsessed with the color. My room looked like a grape. While I eventually got out of the purple thing, lilacs remain my favorite flower. I love the variation of purple shades and charming little blossoms. I've been slowly collecting purple images that I love and this morning I put them together. Its kind of an inspiration board but also just a little gathering.

Stone bench photo by Elizabeth Messina. Musician photo from Paul Rich Studio. Bouquet from here. Lilac zoom from here. Bride by Reem Acra. Invitation from Smock. Table setting from Studio 306. Lilac window from here. Bridesmaid from JCrew.

2 comments:

Myra - twigs and honey said...

Hey Alissa!

Just stopping by to see how married life is going. ;)
I hope you are doing well!! I noticed the Mood Area 52 photo above from our wedding. Lovely board!! So happy you are continuing to post... post-wedding. :D
Have a lovely Monday!
-Myra

Anonymous said...

I've spent the last hour searching for lilac images and wedding invitations. Bless your heart and Smock Paper. :-) Good to know I'm not the only one looking for lilac loveliness, and that these invitations exist! Must go try to convert to a DIY concept now, but yes, your board is MUCH appreciated just now.