Friday, October 30, 2009

nyc : part 4 : moma

.
I loved the actual building of the Museum of Modern Art as much as the art itself. My favorite was a collection of Richard Avedon photographs - amazing. There was also one piece done with a model of a house and a box of mirrors to take a little jab at suburbia, definitely got a little smile.
.
Sometimes modern art museums get a little much for me.
Like there's a pile of rope on the floor of a gallery.
Or literally a blank sheet of paper framed on the wall.
And there's all this meaning behind these peices.
But lets be honest - I think the artist just had a little deadline they forgot about.
.
.
That being said - Moma was awesome.

4 comments:

Kitty Stampede said...

Cool...I want to go here sooo bad.
I totally know what you mean about certain modern art. Great photos...you've got a mean eye! as in you are a great photographer..hehe.

drollgirl said...

moma is rad!!! nyc has the best museums! bah! i wish i was there!

debra@dustjacket said...

Would love to visit.

Totally agree on certain "modern art museums". hmmmm

xxx

Anonymous said...

looks really intriguing x