Wednesday, January 20, 2010

lighting

.
loving the natural light, gray walls, white trim, wood floors.
yum yum yum... oh yes - lighting!
.
.
One of the hardest things I've found good inspiration for in our new house is lighting. The reality is that I don't like 99.9% of light fixtures. To date I've found two that I keep going back to (ok, technically I also love this one but it just doesn't belong). Just need to find a way to make them work. I love the idea of the Burnside (bare bulb above) off-centered over a pedestal sink in the powder room. The traditional old Schoolhouse light could be over the stairs - but I can also see three smaller scale versions of it over the dining table. Or two over the kitchen island. But you could also do a row of the Burnside over the dining table... still thinking...
Both Rejuvenation and Schoolhouse Electric have some versions of each fixture above.

Interior shot via By the Bye

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Burnside! It would look great as you described .. whatever you decide I know will look great!

abigail said...

Lighting is the hardest thing!
but both of these are great.

debra@dustjacket said...

I'm thinking lighting at the moment too, it's so hard. I like both of those and just love the cool feel of the interior shot.
xxx

Jackie said...

Oh my, that room makes my heart go pitter-patter!

I really love schoolhouse lights, definitely one of my favorites.

emmy-ray said...

Have you heard of Schoolhouse Electric? I bought a few shades for my really old sconces there. It's awesome:
http://www.schoolhouseelectric.com/

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I've been dying to paint my bedroom grey. I NEED to know what that color is. Gorgeous!

Aline said...

i love that photo...:)

those bare bulbs are awesome!!