Monday, June 28, 2010

black

.
Working as an interior designer, I select paint colors. I used to think whites were the hardest. There are a bazillion of them and they are ever so slight and each one is too blue or too yellow or too pink.

Then I thought grays were the hardest. Again, too blue, too purple to green. GRAY.

But then Husband and I decided we wanted black paint. In our house. We are not goth.

Found the perfect color, buy paint, too purple. Find the really perfect color, buy paint...and we have blueblack. The color is Iron Ore dammit and it looks so perfectly black on its little chip.

From now on, we will get the little samplers.

But for now, blacks are the hardest.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't even tell you how much I understand to the bone what you are saying!

VanessasRunway said...

Oh the many wonders of paint! Decorating in general can get tricky, I'd love to see that paint color though!

Meghan said...

Oooh I cannot wait to see the final product!

Rhianne said...

I still cant believe how many whites there are. I can't wait to see what you do with the black paint though.

Amanda said...

I completely agree!! I hate buying something black (usually clothes) then getting it home and pairing it with something ELSE "black" and realizing they have different bases! I actually yelled at a shirt once, "Why are you GREEN-black??" as if it should know better, ha! :)

rachel rianne said...

i don't have a place of my own to paint black yet, but i've wanted to so badly for a while now...
(have a place of my own and paint a space black)
but this is good to know.
so duly noted.

Kitty Stampede said...

sure you`re not goth....sure...;)

whites are damn tough.