Monday, October 25, 2010

getting in the spirit

Saturday afternoon I sat outside by myself carving pumpkins. It was nice and quiet and there were pretty leaves and I just kept telling myself to suck in all of the fall wonderfulness that I could.
.
.
Sunday night I baked the seeds which is really my favorite part of carving pumpkins. Mmm. Soaked the seeds in water overnight (probably too long - they took forever to cook!) then stirred in a few tablespoons of melted butter and some sea salt (you can also use seasoning salt and/or worchestire sauce) and bake for an hour+ at 240 until they are fabulously crispy. I usually take them out every 20 min and stir them. nom nom nom
.
.
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? We have a Mad Men costume party so I'm alllll over that. Studying Betty Draper hair tutorials online...

2 comments:

kelly ann said...

a mad men party?! oh my goodness, i wish i could go to a mad men party! i would totally be joan with my red hair and pen necklace. ;) sounds so fun!

art on canvas said...

What a great post, so glad your in the spirit and looking forward to halloween!