Tuesday, November 16, 2010

stevie + maury + cold medicine

"Botox is becoming the new face of beauty and it’s unfortunate because it makes everybody look like Satan’s children."
-Stevie Nicks

This quote has nothing to do with anything except that it makes me laugh. I am sick. I hate being sick. Not that anyone likes being sick. When I was little there were the kids that would say they were sick to miss school. I would have days where I was throwing up with a fever of 102 and I would fight my mom that I had to go to school. I hated (and still hate) feeling like I'm missing something. Like if I sit down and just be quiet even for an afternoon the entire world will fly by and I don't even know what will happen. Zebras will start talking and I'll be the only one that doesn't know.

As an adult now it feels like if I'm going to take an afternoon off from work I should be doing something. Accomplishing one of the 3080954 projects on my list. Not sitting on the couch watching Maury finding out if Michael is or is not the father of your baby.
He is the father by the way.
But he is also messing around with your best friend.
.

1 comment:

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Your post made me LOL several times. And it's true, a day off from work when you are sick is often filled with some project that you have been meaning to do as long as you can get out of bed to do it!