Thursday, November 18, 2010

whooga

.
I was recently contacted by Whooga to try a pair of their sheepskin ugg boots from Australia. Until checking out their company I hadn't realized that 'ugg' is actually a style of boot, not just one brand. To be totally honest I've never jumped on the ugg train because of the aesthetic - seeing them out in public at restaurants etc they can seem sloppy. BUT its getting cold here and their website made them sound rather tempting and toasty, so I decided to try the tall gray boots.
They arrived in a charming box wrapped in a bow (customs had apparently played soccer with the box though because it was beat up - luckily the boots inside were ship-shape!)

They definitely deliver on the cozy and warm. I was absolutely surprised just how warm they are - and I have a feeling they're going to get a lot of wear this winter in our old (aka drafty) house. My feet are relieved to have a break from my typical four-inch heels. They seem very well made - each pair is hand-crafted with double stitched seams and reinforced heels.

I still don't love the aesthetic and therefore will probably wear these mostly around the house but this weekend I did wear them out on my first run to the paint store for supplies (before starting the project of doom) and can definitely see this being my winter weekend uniform.
. .
All in all, I give Whooga boots a toasty thumbs-up. I think they'd make a cozy gift for anyone and should definitely be considered a great option if you're looking for this style of boots!
Plus, Whooga is fun to say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to admit I'm a HUGE Ugg fan ...though these are basically the same. They're so warm and cozy and I wear them around the house as soon as it gets chilly. I need a new pair because mine are old and smelly now :/ ..lol. This exact color/syle is on my xmas list.