Monday, November 14, 2011

when it was summer


Having lived in Iowa, you'd think I would have spent quite a bit of time at the famous Iowa State Fair each summer. This is not the case. If it wasn't for the fact that the Goo Goo Dolls played at the fair a few years in a row when I was in high school, I'm pretty sure I would have never attended. Some people like fairs. I like fairs every five or six years. Get your fix and get the hell out.

This year a trip back to Iowa just happened to fall right in the middle of the fair so my husband, his best friend and I stopped for a few hours. The boys tried the gamut of fair food (fried twinkie, fried snickers, turkey leg etc) I had an awesome snow-cone and a vegetarian corndog (also awesome). We rode the ferris wheel just as the Maroon 5 show started movin like Jagger and the boys played a few carnival games.

Obviously we went to see the butter cow (for those not familiar it's exactly what it sounds like, a full-sized cow made out of butter.)

How could you not.

1 comment:

AdamHead said...

It depend on the size of birds if your have a large bird then definitly large birds will require a bigger cage. Large bird cages are sturdy in order to accommodate large active birds. Your birds need a home that is comfortable for them to live in. They need an ample space to spread their wings widely and do some exercise.