Saturday, February 26, 2011

the new contender of ugly


In the competition for ugliest shoe in the world, there is a new kid in town. In my book, it's been a pretty clear tie up until this point. You have the croc. And you have the ugg.

Now the croc I get if you are a nurse. You are on your feet like 73 hours per day and you get yucky things spilled on your shoes and so that whole hose-them-down thing comes in handy.

And the ugg thing I get because well... I have a pair. BUT I don't wear them out of the house. Except sometimes to Home Depot because they don't judge. My Whooga's are freakishly warm and I'm wearing them right this minute. But that doesn't mean I don't think they are ugly. They are.

But then these crazy round things show up on the scene and the uggs and crocs are all shaking in their ugly heels because who is this? Does the whole 'butt sculpting/shaping whatever' concept really work? Because to wear something this chunky my behind better be Klum-like within about three blocks if my feet look like that.
Alright boys, I wanna see a fair fight.

*Please note I'm just having fun and don't mean to insult any one's shoe taste:)

6 comments:

rachel rianne said...

wow.
dilemma.

okay. first i have to say, kudos to you for wearing uggs only within the secure confines of your own home. :)

and two,
i'd say... crocs are still the ugliest.
but gah it's a close call.
and i totally agree that those butt shaper shoes better make the person's butt look so good that people don't even pay attention to those gosh awful things. (no offense)

♥ CheChe said...

haha I love it. I want the butt shaper shoes they are just too darn expensive. I think uggs are hideous but after trying them on the warmth and comfort really overrides the aesthetics of it all and crocs... I don't want to ever try them on. Ever. haha. I know they're comfy but I just... I can't.

♥cheche

Dr. Jill Balla Shaw, D.C. said...

Check out Vibram Five Fingers...may be a new contender. Have both Uggs & Crocs but the club foot butt shapers are terrible for the back so can't go there.

Meghan said...

Girl, I couldn't agree more. I do not own any of the above and never will:)

Mandy said...

That really made me laugh. : ) If you really want to test out the butt shapers you can get the Reebok Easytones. They are not nearly as hideous as the Sketchers. I have a pair of the easytones and they're not bad. You can definitely feel a difference if you walk awhile, but I think you have to be the 72 hours on your feet nurse for them to work. Let's just say I'm not bouncing any quarters off my butt at this time....: )

Yahnay said...

Ha ha love it. I couldn't agree more.